Friday, February 5, 2010

Bottle Cleaning

Before I bottled the Maibock today, I had the pleasure of cleaning beer bottles. It worked out pretty well though – I used Oxy clean.


I filled a cooler with hot water and put in a couple of scoops of Oxy Clean(dollar store version). Then I filled the bottles with not water (so that they wouldn’t float), and set them in the cooler. In about an hour the labels began to float off. I rinsed them off in the dishwasher, then sanitized them and put them on the drying tree.

I had a few different bottles in the mix. See below:

Sam Adams -  Easy – labels floated off, and almost no glue remained
Rogue Dead Guy Ale - Easy – labels floated off, and almost no glue remained

Bass Ale - Easy – labels floated off, and almost no glue remained
Sierra Nevada Moderate – Labels floated off, but the glue remained and need a little bit of scrubbing

I think I'm going to kegging. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment