Monday, January 25, 2010

Bottled Brown Ale - Brewed Maibock

I successfully bottled my Brown Ale on Friday afternoon.  The color was perfect and the smell was unbelievable.  It should be ready to drink on or around January 5, 2010.

I went on to brew a maibock - ala Rogue Dead Guy Ale clone.  The OG was a whopping 1.061.  It's in the garage now in the primary, hooked up to a blowoff tube.  The blowoff tube was a good choice, because the yeast are kicking!  I'll be draining it to the secondary on Friday January 29 for a week.

It looks like my routine brewday will be Friday's.

On another note, one of my brewing buddies brought a couple of pints of True Brue Irish Stout for the game last night (Go Saints!).  That stuff was really----really good! Like butter!  I'll be doing a batch of that soon too.

Cheers,

Jarrod

No comments:

Post a Comment